Monday, April 1, 2024



On April 8, 2024 the Sun, Moon and Earth will align, casting the sky into epic and unforgettable temporary darkness.

On that day – weather permitting – more Canadians will have a chance to see a total eclipse of the sun on their home turf than at any previous time in history.  The next total eclipse in Canada will not be until 2044.

Unfortunately this time, Georgetown will not be in the path of totality.


However, we are pretty close and the Eclipse in Georgetown will peak at 3:18 pm as shown below.

The link below shows a timeline of the start and ending of the Eclipse. 

Click here to see what the Eclipse will look like in Georgetown

Very important!

Looking directly at the Sun, without appropriate protection can lead to serious problems such as partial or complete loss of eyesight.

I thought I would make one of these projectors to view the Eclipse outside.  Looks pretty easy to do.  I hope others will join me on the patio.  I will see if I can find some Sun Chips for a snack while we wait for this rare occurrence.